Friday, May 13, 2016

Death Meditation


One does not need to know Thai to receive the power of this video.  It is not easy but I highly recommend this as a death meditation resource.

An essential foundational aspect of this work is understanding and connecting with death.  Here is my guided meditation to accompany this resource:

Ground yourself and come to a place of relaxation.  Connect to the earth.  Bring awareness to your feet and the orange spirals on the soles of your feet.  Connect those spirals to the center of the earth and notice that solid, grounding energy.

Begin watching the video.  Bring grounding elements such as grounding stones (shungite, jasper, obsidian, granite, etc.)  Connect the energy to your body.  Reflect on how you are aging, how everything around you is growing, aging and eventually dies.  Think about those you know and love who have passed from this earth and hold those memories close.

Begin to forward to the point before you pass from this world, your inevitable physical death.  Stand and the precipice and notice how you feel.  Scared?  Regretful?  Peaceful?

Now draw your energy up through your body into your crown chakra at the top of your head.  Envision in your mind's eye a tunnel in front of you and walk through the tunnel as your physical body dies.  Notice how you feel.

Notice the feelings as you pass through the tunnel, personalities and memories from your present living self disappearing, regenerating into something new as you pass through the tunnel.

When you feel yourself on the other side, notice how you feel.  What feelings and insights arise?

Look back through the tunnel at your past life and notice what feelings and insights arise.

Slowly return to your present place in time and use the remainder of the time on the video to align and integrate your insights.

After the video is finished, close your eyes and ask your higher self what is the next step.  Listen for the answer.

This is not an easy process.  One should undertake this meditation with enough time and energy to process the often traumatic awakenings that can occur. 

For me, this meditation brings up insights on several levels.  As I'm aging, I feel regret for the time passing and sadness for those who have passed, and desiring stronger connection.  I feel regret for the suffering I have caused and a desire to create more power and happiness in the world.

As I reach the precipice I feel peace, regret and concern for those I'm leaving behind.  As I pass through the tunnel I feel a washing and a return to self.  At the end I feel renewed and look back at my life from an outside perspective.  Here I feel peace and a sense of a life well-lived.

I come away feeling more committed to my path and loving the people in my life, but also a sense of calm.  Everything is okay and, in the end, I'm living a good life that pleases the universe.  This further inspires me to continue making a difference in the world.

With Love,

Uthaithani

No comments:

Post a Comment