Monday, May 9, 2016

Float Therapy, Clautrophobia and Alchemy

Like this, only completely dark.
 
When I first heard about the “floats,” where you go into a completely dark and silent tank and float on Epsom Salt water, it terrified me.  I thought I could never do it. 
 
Since my first divorce, I’ve been beset with panic attacks.  They largely subsided as I worked through my issues, but would come up as claustrophobia, a rather intense and unavoidable fear.  I’d get scared watching others be stuck in small, dark places.
I was called by my higher self to go anyhow.  And so glad I did.  Yes, I experienced the panic – and worked through it in about five minutes.  After that it was two hours of relaxing, expansive meditation.  I was able to release tensions in my body that couldn’t release other ways.  I was able to engage in powerful alchemy meditation in a way I couldn’t through normal seated meditation.
Anyone who is looking to deepen their meditative practice would do well to explore this.  Anyone serious about alchemy really needs to do this – it allows for an incredibly deep meditative process. 
I came away feeling layers of past problems, traumas and negative energies were just gone.  I felt so peaceful and relaxed.  Since then I’ve slept beautifully, without the usual herbal assistance I’ve needed to compensate my schedule.  I just hit the pillow and sleep.
Some of this I credit to the awakening from the crystal energy, but some is also clearly from this inner work.  Plus the feeling of self-esteem from finally facing and vanquishing a stubborn inner demon.  I felt that phase of my past was now just a memory, all of those issues and emotional sensations are now gone.  In its place is clarity, energetic expansion and chakra openings.
I’ll be very interested to see what happens next time, after I’ve had time to process some of the new work and energy I’m working with now.

No comments:

Post a Comment