Friday, June 10, 2016

Update: More Head-Spinning Shifts

Felt that dizziness again. Didn't feel productive but somehow produced a lot. The coaching/ offerings side of things continues to grow faster than I can keep up. 

Integrated more Reiki, which is just perfect for what I'm doing now, should have learned this years ago. 

Interesting lessons today I'll have to expand on. My wife introduced me to a book by DDNARD, she's a very powerful spiritual teacher who is connected to wealth, something that is badly missing in Western spirituality where even the coaches are broke. 

The lesson today: your the world cannot hurt you unless you choose to let it. Negative thoughts are like a knife. We keep picking up the knife and hurting ourselves again and again. But we don't have to. Once we realize we are doing this to ourselves we are free. Free from all worry and suffering. And truly this is the essence of Buddhist mindfulness. 

A lesson that hit home when I saw the Facebook page of someone who tormented me in grade school. I looked at his picture and thought - he doesn't look harmful. In fact he seemed kind of dorky and "meh." And he'd always been that way, even in his old pictures. 

This guy made me fee bad? Made me afraid of school? Made me think less of myself? Really? This guy was a clown. No, I punished myself by hurting myself with thoughts of him over and over. 

The cool thing was today I felt nothing except curiosity about why I ever felt bad in the first place. 

Now I'm thinking "how much more can I let go now? How much more mindful and free can I be? If I released my childhood bully so easily, how easy is it to let everything else go, right now?"

No comments:

Post a Comment