Friday, August 19, 2016

Message from the Universe: "You're Coaching Now!"


You know that moment when you’re sharing some advice – and you realize the advice is actually meant for you?
Yeah, I’m having that moment.

Someone shows up at my work, quite out of the blue, open to some coaching, and I was able to help her open up and feel happy again.  At the same time – right after I’d made reference to a previous coaching experience – that guy messages me to tell me how well things are going for him since then.

Wow.
And this was all in the middle of my going on about how I have done very little to develop my coaching practice on the business end. And it was after I’d spoken about how the universe will point you in the direction you are supposed to go, and if you don’t listen, will violently shove you in that direction.

And then the light goes on.  Okay, this was my tap on the shoulder.
And I can also see where my blocks are.  I love helping people, but somewhere inside I feel like I’m indebted to the universe, so I shouldn’t be setting up a business and doing a lot of intake.  What nonsense.  I’m giving away value left and right – and that does feel good, it feels rewarding.  But it’s imbalanced.  Of course I should be seeking a fair exchange, that’s only appropriate.  And that’s how I can best serve.

And the message I’m getting is, it’s time to take that step. 
It’s time to create the robust coaching practice, to really sell myself.  Maybe even time to revisit the spiritual/ self-help book that’s been in the back of my mind and bring that to life. It’s time to put the petal to the metal and bring Destin’s book all the way to the finish line.  It’s time to bring everything together.

The other block is that this endeavor fell flat last time. But I was in a much different place then.  I wasn’t holding my own identity as a coach, I was forcing it, and I was missing some life experience steps.  Even then, though, I was helping people.  I realize that “business failure” was associated with a very bad time in my life, but that’s all gone now. 
So it’s happening now, ready or not.  And… I’m ready.  I’m coaching now.

No comments:

Post a Comment