Monday, October 17, 2016

Reading Distortions - Letting Go of Emotional Reactions to Energy


I’m very sensitive to energy, but I also react a lot more than I’d like to.  Certain people’s energy just pisses me off, and I really don’t like that.  Clearly there is some expectation or values judgment going on here.  I really need to be able to look at energy objectively and make clear assessments free from emotional reaction.

It’s not that my reactions are “wrong,” in almost every case my reaction is to something in that person’s energy and the reaction is my defense mechanism to keep that shit out of my energy.  And I believe the emotional component is because I haven’t been good up until recently with establishing clear energetic boundaries, I’d let pretty much anyone in unless I forcefully kept them out.
But that’s not an appropriate response now.  I have clear boundaries, that energy isn’t going to bother me.  There’s no reason for me to get angry over it.

And I’m not even sure the emotional reaction is having its intended effect, it tends to elicit a curiosity response – the more my reaction is to be pissed off, the more my desire to find out what it is that has me so angry will come up.  The better response is to let it be, observe it from as detached a position as possible, and then just ignore it.  Or if necessary, keep tabs on it but remain disengaged. 
This is a big breakthrough, the realization that I need to depersonalize my energetic readings in order to be more effective. Judgment, ego distortion and personalization distort my ability to read the energy a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment