Thursday, October 13, 2016

Mourning the Thai King, and A Calling

Right now I’m meditating on and mourning the death of the King of Thailand.  I have a profound respect for this man and how he has conducted his extraordinary reign over the spiritual epicenter of the world.  His was a spiritual leadership and he is loved by Thai people for many good reasons.  But his impact goes deeper than what can be reported in the news, and it’s this deeper leadership I am contemplating at the moment. 
I have a tremendous amount of respect for the King of Thailand, and hold him in far higher regard than any US President.  Thinking about the contrast between spiritual leadership and what passes for leadership in the US only magnifies the fatal flaws in our Western system. 
But now is the moment to move past anger and disappointment with the flawed structures in government and society and connect with that deeper truth.  There is a spiritual leader in each of us, and for most of us it’s deeply repressed, maybe barely alive.  But it’s there.
My job is to awaken that spiritual leadership – starting with myself. 
The time of complaining about the false spiritual leadership in the world is over. It is time to access and shine forth my own light, regardless of what others are doing. It is time to nurture that king inside me and bring that energy forth into the world.  To shine my light, to awaken this in others.  To call forth the world I want to see.
So I’m using this moment as my personal calling – to connect with my truth, follow my heart, and awaken the spiritual leadership this world needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment